I am looking for a new ski wear specially designed for women, and it is my first helmet for my life, so exciting to buy it. However, I feel a little confused in face of so many kinds of brands and models, having no clear idea which brand or which are more comfortable on the head, well ventilated, and sleek at all? Of course, I wonder the women’s ski wear with good protection of my chin strap and ear. Some friends tell me to consider Giro or Smith women’s ski helmet. But who can clearly explain to me which one is better?
What I really care for my ski helmets?
1.Good Comforts, I see, the safety is quite important, but I really want to enjoy my snowboarding without too much heavy burden at my mountain: very soft Inner fabric, plush interior and chin strap?cushy ear protectors and lightweight even I hardly know I am wearing the helmet.
Warm helmet, I hope it keeps warm on the head in the low temperature, even though my wearing a shocking cap inside.
2.Good safety: in-mold construction of helmets; in compliance with safety standards.
3.The vents are easy to adjust.
4.Splendid design, good looking, cute and stylish; rich variety of colors, not only black, white and brown, also the color doesn’t fade off too much.
5.Size of the helmets: I measured my head for size and found the medium fit for me.
Maybe should be bigger a bit or adjustment sizing to tighten or loosen the helmet, coz I want to wear my stocking cap underneath.
6.The entire ear-pads can be removable or the pads can be folded or unfolded, and then I can also use it even for spring skiing days, available for wireless Bluetooth. Goggles clip nicely on the back while snowboarding.
7.Cost: no more than $100
Which is a Good Buy?
Giro Nine.10 Snow Helmet
- Available in 4 In Form Sizes: S(52-55.5cm), M(55.5-59cm), L (59-62.5cm), XL (62.5-65cm). XL offered in limited colors.
- In-Mold construction
- 15 Super Cool vents with Weatherstrip vent shield and Stack Vent
- Compatible with all after market TuneUps systems
- Compliance: ASTM F2040/CE EN1077
Smith Optics Womens Variant Brim Helmet
- Low Profile Hybrid Shell Construction with AirEvac 2 Ventilation with Adjustable Boa Fit System
- 18.5 oz/530 grams
- 22 Vents featuring Single Regulator Adjustable Ventilation for climate control
- X-Static Performance Lining
- Skullcandy Audio Systems Available